CDETNO offers many free, bilingual services to assist NWT job seekers and immigrants find employment in the Northwest Territories. Our services are available in Yellowknife, Hay River, Fort Smith and Inuvik. We also operate the NWT Career Centre, in our offices, to help northerners understand and access the labour market.
ONE-ON-ONE EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
Our Immigration, Recruitment and Career Officer supports Francophones : immigrants, newcomers and NWT residents in their search for work. The following services are available in Yellowknife, Hay River, Fort Smith and Inuvik:
- Reception and orientation to community
- Customized one-on-one consultations
- Immigrant support services
- Group workshops
- Job search assistance
- Help writing resumes and cover letters
- Mock interviews (in Yellowknife and via Skype for communities)
- Networking and integration activities, including the Employment Cafe
CDETNO is a leader in recruiting bilingual staff in the Northwest Territories. With its territorial mandate, CDETNO helps its members in Hay River, Fort Smith, Inuvik and Yellowknife find the skilled workers they need.
We post job vacancies on our media platforms, disseminate job opportunities at Canadian Universities and share our links with government agencies active in recruitment, like Canadian embassies. We also help employers draft job descriptions.
Looking for more information about living and working in Yellowknife?
Check out the Yellowknife Insider’s Guide
SERVICES & ACTIVITIES
- Job postings on multiple platforms (website, social media)
- Promote job postings at job fairs
- Pre-select candidates met at job fairs for CDETNO Elite Member employers
- Host two Employment Cafes per year to allow employers and job-seekers to meet and network
- Support with the hiring process for skilled immigrant workers (official documents required, integration of workers, etc.)
- Workshops, training and resources materials for human resources management