The NWT Career Centre delivers bilingual Employment Assistance Services to NWT residents within the North Slave.
Funded through the Labour Market Development Agreement, we provide people with the tools, resources and opportunities to be self-directed, offering career services and interventions to assist job ready clients obtain gainful employment.
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday (excluding holidays)
- We are open at 9 a.m. (Open during lunch hour) and close at 5 p.m.
Employment Assistance Services
Service access: In-person, email, telephone or video conferencing
- Computer Lab
- Resumes and cover letter assistance
- Job Search assistance
- Forms and application support
- NWT Labour Market Information
- Education, training & scholarship information
- Online Job-links and Job Board
- Career Coaching
- Linkages to other services providers
- No-cost job postings for NWT employers
The NWT Career Centre is the exclusive training provider of SuperHost® Customer Service Training for residents looking to re-enter the labour market after an extended absence. Funded through the GNWT – Education Culture and Employment, the objective of this training is to enhance employability and deepen knowledge for in-demand work within the Hospitality and Retail sector.
While the service sector in the NWT struggles to meet growth projections due to a thin labour supply, coupled with the findings from the Conference Board of Canada’s “Northwest Territories Labour Market Forecast and Needs Assessment” via the GNWT’s Skills4Success initiative, the NWT Career Centre is excited to build on the initial success of the cohort to support the upskilling of residents within in the North Slave region.
Why become SuperHost certified? What’s in it for you?
- Competitive advantage in the job market
- Enhanced transferable skills such as communication, conflict resolution, and teamwork
- Practical knowledge to create exceptional customer service experiences
Foundations for Service Quality™
January 11, 12, 13
February 15, 16, 17
March 8, 9, 10
Service For all™
January 18, 19, 20
February 23, 24, 25
March 15, 16, 17
Are you an employer? What’s in it for your Business?
- Greater customer satisfaction
- Increased revenue and business bottom line
- Improved employee competence and a happier, more productive workplace
Sign up today:
NWT Career Centre
SuperHost™ is a registered trademark of go2 Tourism HR Society. Used under license.
Dress to Impress
Funded through the GNWT’s Anti-poverty Fund, Dress to Impress eliminates barriers to employment by providing NWT jobseekers, who are transiting into the workforce, with a permanent resource for professional clothing, work gear and personal protective equipment. The goal is to empower individuals to reach their economic potential, while sustaining relevant supports to assist them on their career path.
Suite 102, 5204 50th Avenue, Diamond Plaza Building, Yellowknife
Phone: (867) 873-8790 Fax: (867) 873-8792
Mercy Beilem Mfombe, Career Coach – firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Fowler, Administration Officer – email@example.com
Rambo Landry, Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
Gordon Ross, Manager – email@example.com