The Conseil de développement économique des Territoires du Nord-Ouest (CDÉTNO) is a non profit organization whose mission is to promote, stimulate and support economic development and employability of Francophones and Francophiles in the NWT. CDETNO is an employer that promotes fairness and equality, and offers a stimulating work environment, focused on accountability of each employee and lifelong learning where balance between work and life is important. We are looking for a competent and professional person to join the NWT Career Centre team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Career Centre Administrator will be responsible for the day to day operations of the NWT Career Centre.
- Assist job seekers with educational and career planning needs, providing orientations to familiarize job seekers with Career Centre use and resources, and assist with resume and cover letter writing, while maintaining client confidentiality at all times;
- Determine if job seeker requires referrals to Career Development Officers for career counselling in a discreet and confidential manner
- Assist clients with computer and internet orientation.
- Assist clients with resume and cover letter writing, design and development, proofreading, make suggestions and edits pre-existing documents.
- Maintain current knowledge of local labour market and career development best practices to assist clients with job searching, resume and cover letter development and job interviews.
- Provide excellent customer service to hundreds of diverse clients in the Career Centre from a variety of heritages, educational levels, literacy levels, skills and abilities.
- Complete monthly and annual reports
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, liaise and participate in monthly meetings with Career Development Officers and Manager at North Slave ECE Centre;
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, establish relationships with community members to promote Career Centre services;
- Maintain and update job search tools, labor market information, career and education resources.
- In collaboration with the Immigration, Recruitment and Career Officer, deliver and facilitate various Career Development workshops including Resume Development, Portfolio Development, Career Search Techniques, Labour Market Information, Interview Skills and more.
- Conduct mock interviews, and provide feedback for job seekers.
- Abiding by Career Centre’s Zero Tolerance policy, write incident reports if required, forward reports as required to Director or ECE Staff.
- Assist with the organization of Job Fairs and other events
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Post-Secondary education required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior people skills with strong customer service focus
- Ability to work professionally with people from diverse backgrounds and educational levels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of Career and Education Development practices and principles
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, able to diffuse potentially aggressive and volatile Situations
- Proofreading experience
- Experience with resume and cover letter writing
Please note your interest by sending your resume and cover letter to :
Conseil de développement économique des TNO (CDETNO)
Email : email@example.com