Watch your career take flight at GardaWorld!
GardaWorld Aviation Services is the largest provider of security services to the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA). We deploy specialized security professionals in 28 airports in Canada, protecting the traveling public and enabling smoother and safer cross-border business interactions.
Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately owned security services company. We operate across a range of highly focused business solutions including cash services, protective services and aviation services. Over 48,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
GardaWorld offers great opportunities for personal growth and advancement.
We are currently recruiting a Bilingual Checkpoint Manager for Yellowknife Airport on a full-time, permanent basis.
Our Checkpoint Managers undergo specialized training, both in class and on-the-job, in order to acquire the knowledge required for screening operations and aviation security. It is not essential that you have previous security experience, training or licenses.
As a Checkpoint Manager, you are responsible to ensure the smooth delivery of airport screening operations according to the service requirements set by our client, CATSA. Through effective leadership and management skills, you guide Screening Officers in providing the best screening experience to passengers while maintaining full procedural compliance.
You are an entrepreneur that is adept with working within guidelines. You are proactive and you have an operational acumen to foresee needs and react accordingly. You have a fundamental understanding of how to lead and motivate an effective work culture. You lead by example and have earned the respect of your team.
- Demonstrate consistent application of strong leadership through the fostering and development of teams contributing to a structured, well managed and effective operation
- Provides First in Class service through effective and efficient screening operations
- Ensures checkpoint operations are in compliance with service level requirements and GardaWorld procedures, policies and programs
- Guide Screening Officers through Standard Operating Procedure decision making and procedures
- Addresses non-routine screening situations as they arise and acts as the point of escalation for: handling complaints, unruly passengers, special requests, explosive detection trace alarms, non-permitted items, dangerous goods, VIPs, etc.
- Manages incidents at the checkpoint as they arise, and implements contingency and emergency procedures to maintain integrity of operations and reconcile incidents
- Monitors checkpoint performance and actively determines shift assignments and staff deployments.
- Develops an effective day-to-day, transactional working relationship with CATSA, the airport authority, union and airlines to effectively balance and meet their requirements
- Ambassador for a progressive work environment and a positive travel experience for passengers
- Annual salary of $60,000
- 10% performance related bonus
- $1,500 signing bonus after 3 months probation, (for candidates external to YZF)
- Immediate professional and personal growth opportunities
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- No previous criminal background for which a pardon has not been granted
- Available to work and commute day and night shifts, including weekends and statutory holidays
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related position or field, with at least 6 months of supervisory experience
- Ability to obtain a security clearance and successfully complete a background check
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to standing for long periods of time
- Bilingual; fluency in French & English, (written and verbal)
- Strong team work abilities and interpersonal skills
- High level of comfort dealing with a variety of customer interactions and escalations
- Effective communicator with the ability to listen attentively and maintain respectful and cooperative relationships with passengers, employees and co-workers
- Leadership necessary to handle on-the-spot decisions and ability to act calmly under pressure
- Highly organized and results driven individual who is able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work within a structured, highly regulated environment
- Previous experience in a unionized environment
- Previous experience in a service delivery environment with multiple customers and stakeholders
- Knowledge of Key Performance Indicators and Quality Control
- Aviation Security knowledge and/or experience
- Travel may be required for training. Other travel may be requested when assistance is required at other airports
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they meet all requirements. Failure to provide sufficient and clear information will result in disqualification. Screening test(s), interviews and reference checks will be conducted for selected candidates.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates. Preference will be given to qualified internal applicants.
GardaWorld: Make the world a safer place
GardaWorld is a global leader in the security industry, offering a wealth of opportunity to individuals looking to gain experience and develop professionally in a growing industry. We offer flexible schedules, diverse work assignments spanning multiple industries, and training and career advancement opportunities. We embrace diversity and welcome newcomers, women, students, retirees, reservists, veterans, and more to join our team, as we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
Job Segment: Manager, QC, Bilingual, Management, Quality