Serving the people of the Northwest Territories since 1990, the Vital Abel Boarding Home is wholly owned by the Det’on Cho Management LP. Det’on Cho is the economic development organization of the Yellowknives Dene First Nation and is dedicated to creating prosperity for its members.
Under the supervision and direction of the Kitchen Manager, the Cook is a key member of the Food Service Team in preparing all food products. The Cook position is a Casual position at this time and is based in Ndilo.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Assist in preparing weekly orders for groceries and other kitchen supplies
- Complete daily kitchen logs
- Complete daily reports
- Assist in developing recipes for all menu items
- Assist team with cleaning duties
- Ensure the highest of professionalism is maintained
- Encourage and enable the professional growth
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a Cook.
- Ability to provide and maintain supervision over food production for up to 100 people.
- Must have previous experience designing, implementing and organizing menus in ala carte, buffet, banquet, and institutional formats.
- Must have understanding of inventory control systems
- Physically fit and capable of warehousing, shipping, receiving, packing, and stacking pallets of perishable and non-perishable food items and cleaning supplies.
- Valid Food Safety Level 1 Certificate
- Standard First Aid w/CPR, AED
- WHMIS Certificate
- Willing to undergo a Security Clearance Background Check
To apply for this position, please provide a resume and cover letter.
As a First Nation owned for profit business, our first mandate is to deliver returns to our shareholders. Whenever possible, our first preference for hiring shall be afforded to qualified people of First Nation’s ancestry.