Private tutors provide one-on-one educational assistance to elementary and secondary school students. As an elementary school tutor, you may help children (grades 1 – 8) improve their skills in reading, writing or math. As a secondary school tutor, you may help students (grades 9 – 12) with English, social studies, math, French or other subjects. Tutoring occurs at the student’s home, typically during the evenings and/or weekends. Following each tutoring session, tutors create a session report to track student progress.
Generally, private tutors:
- Work with students to improve their skills in certain subjects.
- Prepare and implement lessons.
- Assist with completion of assignments, homework, and studying.
- Evaluate students' progress and discuss the results with students and/or their parents.
- Identify students' individual learning needs.
- Track student progress with online session reports.
As a private educational tutor, you need to:
- Speak, read and write English and/or French.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be passionate about helping others.
You need to communicate in person, on the phone and in writing with students and their parents. You need to present lessons, explain rules and encourage discussion. You need to encourage and motivate students and communicate their progress to parents.
Salary: to be determinate
Starting date : ASAP