Purpose of Program
The Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation believes in supporting Tłı̨chǫ youth by sharing the knowledge and experience of our years of operation and business growth and development. We are offering a youth mentorship and summer student work program to eligible Tłı̨chǫ youth aged 15 – 24.
The mentorship program aspires to:
- Inspire Tłı̨chǫ youth to self-reflect and consider potential career path interests
- Gain knowledge and experience in a variety of high-demand fields within various industries and sectors including Engineering/Environmental, Construction, Finance, Human Resources & Administration, Safety & Security, Equipment Repair & Maintenance, Information Technology, Property Management, Retail/Hospitality Management and Corporate Governance
- Connect with current experts in these areas to build networking opportunities for future potential employment opportunities
- Create a stronger sense of community between Tłı̨chǫ youth and the Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation team
- Develop work readiness skills with the Tłı̨chǫ youth to be applied to their personal and professional endeavors
The Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation Mentorship & Summer Student Program will begin the first week of July of 2023 (or earlier dependent on completoin of school studies) and conclude the end of August, 2023. Applications are currently open to interested youth until midnight on June 2, 2023. Applications will be reviewed and upon selection, youth will be matched with a relevant summer student work opportunity, and a Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation mentor that best meets their personal and professional development goals.
The commitment of the selected youth to the program includes:
- Participation in a 1-day leadership development orientation program in July, 2023 (exact date TBD)
- Excellent attendance during the summer student work placement period
- On-site visits with their mentor during the program (schedules allowing - these dates are arranged to best fit the needs of the mentor and mentee)
- Meetings with the youth mentor to provide career path coaching support and guidance
- Participation in a Career and Interest development workshop in August, 2023
- On-going leadership development coaching provided by Yellowknife’s Leadership Lab Consulting
- A letter of reference provided by the mentor to the mentee at the conclusion of the program
Tłı̨chǫ youth that are born between 1999 to 2008 are invited to complete the application form, due by June 2, 2023. The form includes questions as to why the applicant is interested in participating in this program and requires a letter of recommendation/referral for program admission consideration. All applications will be reviewed in early-June, 2023 and the program will begin the first week of July, 2023.
***IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION***
Please attach your completed application to the 'Resume' section and your referral/reference letter to the 'Cover Letter' section.
To apply please visit this link : https://tlichoic.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=308