Under the direction of the Director of the Thermal Division, the Thermal Electrical Field Engineer is responsible for providing electrical technical expertise and field engineering support services for the operations and maintenance of power systems and all electrical assets for NTPC’s Thermal Zone power generation, LNG storage and handling, residual heating and other systems. This position also supports solar, wind and other renewable generation technologies as required. The scope of work includes all communities, buildings, plants and facilities in NTPC’s Thermal Zone. Acts as Thermal Operations’ conduit to facilitate best business practices in coordination and cooperation with Asset Management, Project Management, Engineering, T&D and IT (SCADA & Automation Operations).
- Performs thermal plant restoration as appropriate, makes emergency field repairs, troubleshoots, resolves complex electrical issues, investigates outages and produces reports.
- Responsible for O&M maintenance strategy, standards, processes, procedures, documentation and effective integration of electrical maintenance into CMMS and for its efficient utilization in the division.
- Performs or supports asset condition and risk assessments and inspections and produces reports.
- Supports Asset Management, Engineering and Project Management with identification, definition, design and implementation of capital projects.
- May be assigned as project monitor for capital projects up to $500,000 in value.
- Updates CMMS asset data, marks up or red-lines prints of technical drawings to produce “as-built drawings.”
- In consultation and coordination with SCADA and Automation Operations group, maintains, and troubleshoots SCADA plant level equipment including Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs).
- Occasionally prepares project briefs.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required. Other engineering disciplines would be considered if combined with experience in gas distribution facilities design, operation, and maintenance.
- 5 years related engineering experience, including a minimum of one year providing engineering support for operational work required.
- Professional Engineer eligible for registration with NAPEG required.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license required.
- Technical knowledge pertaining to the design, operation, and maintenance of electrical apparatus.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical reports, including business case analysis.
- Accomplished computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project, Outlook, etc.) and working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Above average interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
The salary range for this position is $56.56 to $68.74 per hour, plus location, and accommodation allowances of approximately $16,008 per annum. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Health and Dental Benefits, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, paid Sick Days and a Defined Pension Plan.Job ID: 2019-1114 # of Openings: 1 Division: Thermal Operations Accommodation Allowance: $4200 Location Allowance: Inuvik: $11,808.00 Type: Regular Full-Time Max: CAD $68.74/Hr. Min: CAD $56.56/Hr. Relocation Assistance: Yes Post End Date: 8/2/2019
To apply, you will need to create profile. As a result, you will have a Dashboard that will allow you to update your profile, view current opportunities, manage your email subscriptions and view all past jobs you have applied on.If you’re looking to take the next step in your career - take a look at our available opportunities and apply now!
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.