Do you have a passion for coffee and customer service? Are you looking for a fun filled role that will enhance your career and provide you with excellent training? We have an exciting opportunity for a Store Manager to join Soul Foods Group - Starbucks team in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Soul Foods Group of Companies is a family owned business, established in the UK but now with an established portfolio in Canada, comprising of three global brands, KFC, Starbucks and Taco Bell, totalling over 350 Restaurants.
Our Mission is,* ‘To make a difference to people’s lives, their opportunities and their communities through great tasting food and coffee. We do this by* inspiring and nurturing the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighbourhood at a time.’
Store Managers run their store as if it belongs to them, from managing daily operations to taking responsibility for financial results. This is not a back-room management position, but focusses on the front line connecting with customers and partners. The role provides the opportunity to develop your own team, hiring and welcoming new team members and future leaders. You will follow our core values - "to inspire and nurture the human spirit - one person, one cup and one neighbourhood at a time."
Store Manager main duties include:
· Providing leadership for the team to ensure a world class customer experience.
· Being responsible for the day to day running of the store.
· Driving sales and profitability targets.
· Managing inventory, ordering and stock control for the store.
· Manage deliveries and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in line with procedures.
· Working closely with the Supervisors and Partners to ensure that our customers get great products and a friendly service from a motivated team.
· Manage the team, ensuring that everyone is aware of their daily duties.
The Ideal Store Manager:
· Inspirational and commercially minded leader who can become a community ambassador.
· Must have the drive, passion and a natural energy to deliver a fabulous customer experience and consistent product every time.
· Entrepreneurship and experience in a sales-driven environment.
· Leverage your business acumen, efficiency and problem-solving skills to grow the business.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, solid communication and problem solving skills.
· Supports talent, leads a team and inspires Shift Managers and Partners to achieve results.
· Be fully flexible in working hours to cover various shifts including weekends and evenings.
· Minimum high school educated, advanced education preferred.
· Assistant Manager with minimum 2 year experience in food/coffee service or related Industry.
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills.
· Basic HR/ER knowledge (disciplinary/grievance process) and conflict resolution skills.
· Proven ability to plan, coach, train and delegate effectively with track record of developing people.
· Demonstrate strong sales focus.
· Strong analytical, decision making skills.
· Understanding of Profit and Loss statements.
· Basic business, math and accounting skills.
· Basic computer literacy. (MS Word, Excel, Email)
We off a competitive salary!
Successful candidates must have the right to work in Yellowknife. Proof of identity and eligibility for employment in Canada is required.
Soul Foods Group is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 15-35 per week
- Discounted or free food
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability