Do you have a passion for coffee and customer service? Are you looking for a fun filled role that will enhance your career and provide you with excellent training? We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Store Manager to join Soul Foods Group - Starbucks team in Yellowknife NWT.
Soul Foods Group of Companies is a family owned business, established in the UK but now with an established portfolio in Canada, comprising of three global brands, KFC, Starbucks and Taco Bell, totalling over 350 Restaurants.
Our Mission is, * ‘To make a difference to people’s lives, their opportunities and their communities through great tasting food and coffee. We do this by inspiring and nurturing the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighbourhood at a time.’*
The Assistant Store Manager supports the Store Manager in running their store as if it belongs to them. You will assist in leading a team of Shift Managers and Partners in providing a unique coffee experience to customers by providing prompt service, quality beverages and products while maintaining a clean and comfortable environment. Assistant Managers are responsible for supervising the daily operations of the store, managing the store's financial performance as well as safety and security within the store.
Assistant Store Manager main duties include:
· Assist with leading day-to-day operations.
· Assist store manager with managing daily, weekly and monthly budgeting and expenses.
· Assist store manager with hiring, training and coaching in order to develop a successful and enthusiastic team of Starbucks associates.
· Assist store manager in driving sales and profitability targets.
· Providing leadership for the team to ensure a world class customer experience from a motivate team.
· Assist store manager in managing inventory, ordering and stock control for the store.
· Manage the team to ensuring that everyone is aware of their daily duties.
· Assist with staff schedules to be in line with budgeted labour cost
The Ideal Assistant Store Manager:
· Assistant Store Manager must have the drive, passion and a natural energy to deliver a fabulous customer experience and consistent product every time.
· Strong Supervisory experience.
· Previous Starbucks experience is an asset.
· Must possess excellent customer service skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
· Must be extremely responsible with integrity, honesty and punctuality.
· Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Minimum high school educated, advanced education preferred.
· Shift Manager/Supervisor with minimum 2 year experience in food/coffee service or related Industry.
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills.
· Entrepreneurial mentality with experience in a sales focused environment.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
· Understanding of Profit and Loss statements.
· Basic business, math and accounting skills.
· Basic computer literacy. (MS Word, Excel, Email)
We offer a competitive salary!
Soul Foods Group is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability