Headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, and with a satellite teleport and network operations centre in Ottawa, SSi designs, builds, and operates telecommunications networks in Canada’s North and around the world. With over 25 years of operating experience, SSi is a leader in delivering advanced satellite, broadband and mobile wireless solutions to remote and outlying areas.
SSi is looking for an eager and personable person to help shape the focus of our Yellowknife Customer Care team. We are a group comprised of people who are passionate about their work and pride themselves in providing the absolute best customer service possible. Our customers often rely on us to help them navigate the ever-changing frontier of software, hardware, wireless internet, and mobile device development.
As a senior member of Customer Care, you help set the standard by being consistently approachable, driven and empathetic both with the public and internally. With the overarching direction of the department set by the Supervisor and Manager, it will be your duty to evaluate existing procedures and interactions (with minimal oversight) in order to improve upon them.
- Guide SSi's mobile and internet customers to the right solutions, primarily over the phone
- Quality control of emails, calls, and in-person interactions involving the public, ensuring we are responding to the public in a timely manner, and escalating any ongoing or exceptional problems to the Supervisor, Customer Care or Manager, Internet Services
- First point of contact for Yellowknife Customer Care staff regarding day-to-day tasks
- Providing weekly reports to the Supervisor, Customer Care regarding any outstanding issues, kudos, or concerns affecting the department
- Providing top-notch account and billing support including setting up new accounts, managing payments, and accurately recording customer and transaction information in our customer management system
- Capturing work activity in ticketing software, troubleshooting, attempting to resolve problems, and escalating more complicated issues to a technician for a speedy resolution
- Maintaining an open dialogue with our remote agents who assist customers in various geographical locations
- Other duties that interest you
You're a Natural Fit, Because You Have:
- Excellent written and verbal English and French language skills
- A knack for turning challenging interactions (with staff and customers) into opportunities for open and productive dialogue, with the ability to give (and accept) constructive feedback
- Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles, confidence around technology and an eagerness to learn more
- Flexibility to cover morning, evening, and weekend shifts
If you don’t have all of the skills listed, but you are bright, driven to succeed, and know you want to work for us, send us a cover letter and resume anyway. We are always looking for the right people to join our team!
WHY JOIN SSI?
SSi is a close-knit family of passionate and diverse people who excel at solving complex, real world problems. Our corporate culture and high quality of work-life balance are important to us. When you meet our people and see where we work, you’ll understand what we mean.
Our corporate focus is stated simply: “People. Ideas. Technology”. People who are enabled to do what they love and encouraged to think outside the box will deliver the best ideas. We know that real excitement begins at the end of the comfort zone. We use cutting edge technology as the fuel to drive our learning, to innovate and deliver something meaningful. We apply what we create to help make a difference in some of the most challenging regions of the world.
Besides fostering a great team and a positive work environment, we believe wholeheartedly in open communication, internally and with our customers and partners. We tell it like it is, good or bad. We celebrate our successes and take ownership of our mistakes. We love to see a great idea come to life, just as we enjoy the debates leading up to it.
If you want to enjoy coming to work every day, come work at SSi!
In order to apply to this position, please click the link below: