Kasteel Construction and Coatings Inc. is a Northern owned and operated company located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Our mission is to provide the best quality construction and coatings services for the best possible value.
Due to our rapidly expanding business, we have openings for the following positions:
Skilled Construction Labourers
Kasteel is looking for people that can assist in general construction work locally within Yellowknife and surrounding areas. Are you someone who can work in an extremely fast paced environment and requires minimal supervision? We need people who love thinking outside the box and wowing clients with their quality of work while showcasing their skills. The ideal candidate will be willing to travel, job sites include Yellowknife and surrounding areas as well as various mines sites. Labourers perform many physical tasks, to do well in this role you need to be physically fit, energetic, reliable, and be a hard worker.
Please note that our roles require the ability to successfully obtain security and medical clearances, therefore candidates must be able to meet drug and alcohol policy requirements as well as meet background screening requirements.
General Labourer duties:
• Prepare and clean-up of job sites, dispose of debris and other waste materials.
• Load and unload building materials and equipment.
• Knowledge and operations of a variety of hand and power tools.
• Operate and care for equipment and machines.
• Follow construction plans and instructions from supervisors or more experienced workers.
• Assist skilled workers with their duties as needed.
• Maintain a safe and organized work environment.
• Follow all Kasteel Safety policies and procedures.
• Skilled trade experience an asset.
• Able to operate required tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
• Able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Effective verbal communication and listening skills.
• Good attendance and time-management skills.
• Willing to work overtime as required and on weekend.
• Physically fit, capable of climbing on ladders and carrying at least 80 pounds.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
• Local applicants only or must be willing to relocate.
Job Safety is #1 - Kasteel is COR certified and therefore we follow a comprehensive safety program to reduce risk and maximize performance. All employees are required to complete orientations to become accustomed with the site safety culture, specific hazards and detailed safety plans. Commitment to safety compliance can only be 100%.
Kasteel believes in treating employees with dignity and respect, we offer a competitive wage plus benefit plan while allowing you to grow with our company. If you are interested in applying, please forward your resume, cover letter (if available) and “salary expectations” to: email@example.com.
We appreciate all applications, yet due to the number of applications, we are only able to follow-up with the best qualified candidates.