Senior Accountant Opportunity
Crowe MacKay LLP is a vibrant team of Chartered Professional Accountants with eight markets across Northern and Western Canada. We are a growth oriented, entrepreneurial firm dedicated to fostering a diverse team that values collaboration and appreciates different perspectives and experiences. We believe strong relationships are the cornerstone to success as we strive to create innovative solutions for our clients.
Our Core Values
We Care, We Share, We Invest and We Grow!
Collectively we strive for a culture that promotes success for all. In doing so, we recognize that our professionals are more than their work. Our team has the freedom to manage their time to nurture core relationships and to pursue their passions and aspirations. We trust our team to meet their commitments in a flexible environment that fosters energy management and encourages focused work.
Our staff have the opportunity to travel throughout Canada’s Northwest Territories and Nunavut and discover a wide variety of work engagements. Your primary duties will include:
- Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals ,businesses, not-for-profit, municipal and first nations with a wide range of accounting, assurance and financial services.
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative effort and discussion.
- Analyzing and preparing personal, trust, corporate tax, GST, T4 and T5 returns including CRA audit and support requests.
- Provide support to clients and staff on general questions regarding accounting, taxations, operations and financial accounting issues.
- In conjunction with and under the supervision of management, responsible for completion of all aspects of the engagement.
- Ability to prepare, complete and review working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of industry segments.
- Build effective working relationships with clients, and actively participate in business development through community involvement.
- Completion of additional ad-hoc administrative duties or assignments as required
What you will bring
Equipped with a Professional Designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- Strong analytical & problem solving
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ability to prioritize work and meet commitments
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Professional curiosity and ownership of personal career goals
- Community focused
Working knowledge of Canadian Accounting Standards, accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Taxprep, QuickBooks/Sage etc are also considered strong assets.
What We Offer
We are committed to being an employer of choice where employees are excited, engaged, empowered, and eager to excel both personally and professionally. We offer a flexible and positive work environment and invest resources to support a competitive compensation/benefits package including paid vacation, sick, overtime, volunteer days and professional development. We also offer extended health and dental, an employee assistance program, and an RRSP matching program.
At Crowe MacKay, we are dedicated to creating a diverse environment. We foster a barrier free work environment that’s inclusive and where our people can be themselves. If you have an adventurous spirit and want to be a part of a winning team – we want to hear from you.
For more information, please visit our website: www.crowemackay.ca