Employment Type: Permanent, Full- Time
About Arctic Canadian Diamond Company
Arctic Canadian Diamond Company (Arctic) is a Canadian mining company and a significant producer and supplier of premium rough diamond assortments to the global market. The company owns and operates the Ekati Diamond Mine. The company also holds a controlling interest in the Lac de Gras Diamond Project. The Ekati Diamond Mine and the Lac de Gras Diamond Project are located in Canada’s Northwest Territories. In addition to its mining and exploration operations, Arctic has offices in Canada and Belgium.
Reporting to the Surface Mining Team Leader and working three (3) weeks on followed by three (3) weeks off, the Surface Mining Production Loader Operator is responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the production wheel loader in an open pit loading environment. The Production Loader operator will liaise with the dispatcher and mechanics to ensure the mechanical availability of the Loader.
- Safely operate the Production Loader to meet daily plan and production targets;
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain an even and level floor by cutting and filling areas without wheel spin in an efficient manner;
- Set the bucket/boom limits to load and fill the bucket with material smoothly and efficiently to load haulage trucks;
- Maintain the correct cycle time and instruct the haulage trucks to spot and que in the correct manner;
- Determine when to use the variable torque converter (VCTC) and how to apply it efficiently;
- Understand and demonstrate the ability to utilize the Wenco system to maintain an efficient mining cycle to report the load/haul cycle of the assigned unit;
- Identify the correct operating parameters of each unit, relating to the elimination of equipment damage, tire failure and abusive operating techniques;
- Other duties and assignments as requested.
- Qualified to operate 994K, 992K and 988 wheel loaders;
- Qualified to load haul trucks in a production open pit environment;
- Previous equipment operating experience preferred;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Experience working in the mining industry, northern Canada, and an understanding of the northern regulatory environment is preferred
What we offer
At Arctic, we believe people are our most important asset. This is why we are fully committed to the health, safety and well-being of our employees. We believe in establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
Arctic is dedicated to developing our workforce and to creating an environment where people can learn, grow and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions and adult education initiatives.
Arctic offers a competitive salary, performance bonus and total compensation package, including company paid extended health, dental and vision care, an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP), employer matched pension, generous paid vacation and personal days, as well as a Dependent Scholarship Program and employee discounts. On site we provide accommodations and meals, a fully equipped gym and recreation facilities,
Arctic provides travel to and from the Ekati mine site out of Calgary, Yellowknife, and other northern fly points.
Employees need to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Arctic’s Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume to receive priority consideration.
Visit www.arcticcanadian.ca to apply and to learn more about Arctic’s operations.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.