YB Services is searching for a responsible and energetic individual to join our team. This Individual must be able to work in a fast paced and stressful environment. This individual must have good computer and organization skills.
The Parts Person is responsible for purchasing and maintaining an inventory of parts and supplies. This position is accountable to the Shop Manager and must ensure that required parts are ordered and available to complete daily maintenance work and projects.
- Process all parts enquiries including coordinating and charging out to work orders.
- Act as liaison between the shop and the supplier in sourcing and purchasing required parts.
- Be responsible for coordinating returns, credits and billing of parts.
- Maintain part warehouse inventory and ensure accuracy in computer system or other inventory tracking application.
- Daily ordering of shop supplies and inventory replenishment as well as special orders as approved by Shop Manager.
- Undertake cycle counts of inventory.
- Ensure all parts, commodities and shop supplies are kept at required levels.
- Shipping and receiving of all parts, tools and commodities.
- Distribution of parts on back order and preparation of requisition orders.
- Assist Shop Manager with preferred supplier issues, concerns or problems and assist in making changes to preferred suppliers, parts stocking levels, coordinating inventory counts and reviewing associated Parts & Inventory Reports
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- Other tasks, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two or more years of related parts distribution experience.
- Red seal or journeyman ticket preferred but not required.
- Knowledgeable with conducting formal inventory cycle counts.
- Able to read and comprehend parts and service manuals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with electronic inventory system.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Computer skills proficiency with MS Office, Access and Outlook.
Successful candidate will be working in the Maintenance-Shop environment and will be required to wear steel toed work boots and be able to stand for extended periods. Wage will be based on qualifications and experience. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.