Northern Industrial Construction is currently seeking a part time yard manager for our company. This position is based in our Yellowknife location. This position involves managing and maintaining our fleet of trucks, heavy equipment, small equipment and construction related tools. You will be responsible to keep our yard and shop clean and organized, complete snow removal as well as work directly with Superintendents and Project Managers to fill equipment requirements on all active projects throughout the NWT. You will poses strong organizational skills, strong communication skills and have a strong mechanical aptitude to service heavy rolling stock and small tools. All equipment must be maintained and arrive on site in excellent working condition as to minimize downtime in the field.
Northern Industrial Construction Offers
• Competitive compensation
• Opportunities for career growth, development and advancement.
• Community involvement opportunities
• Friendly working environment
• Numerous team activities and various company events
Northern Industrial Construction is a self-perform, multi-disciplined General Contractor. We deliver mechanical, structural, civil and building construction solutions to a wide variety of industrial, municipal and institutional market sectors. We specialize in the specific challenges associated with remote ice road terrain, fly only accessibility, and marine only delivery methods. Northern Industrial Construction understands the importance of master planning, effective logistics and delivering maximum efficiency when faced with a time of the essence construction window.
Based in Yellowknife, NT, Northern Industrial services the Yukon, Northwest and Nunavut Territories. Our diversity sets us apart from the rest. We have an unsurpassed reputation for delivering efficient, cost-effective and value-analyzed construction projects and understand that each and every industry has unique and specific needs beyond the ordinary.
• Managing the day-to-day operations of all equipment distribution, repair and maintenance. Equipment consists of small tools, bobcats, concrete trucks, forklifts, man-lifts and a variety of miscellaneous construction equipment.
• Small tool repair and maintenance
• Mobile equipment servicing and minor repairs
• Purchasing, organization and tracking off all equipment inventory on a site specific basis
• Delivery and pick up of tools to various project locations.
• Maintaining the yard in a clean and organized fashion • Snow removal and yard maintenance
• Communicating directly with field superintendents and management on a regular basis
• Organizing tools for shipment to out-of-town project locations
• NWT Driver’s License / Abstract
• Class 1 Drivers License (Preferred)
• Experience with Light or HD mechanics (Preferred)
• As and when required.
• This position will have flexible hours and we can accommodate your schedule to a degree.
• This is a part-time, hourly position.
• Hourly rate will be dependent on experience.