Kasteel Construction and Coatings Inc. is a Northern owned and operated company located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Our mission is to provide the best quality construction and coatings services for the best possible value.
Due to our rapidly expanding business, we currently have an opening for a full-time:
Our company is looking for an experienced Office Manager who will provide leadership, direction and support to all staff while promoting a team culture that is positive and collaborative. This is a busy, high-pressured environment so this position will suit someone who enjoys a challenging and demanding role. The ideal candidate is a high-energy professional who is capable of thinking and planning strategically to achieve continual company growth.
Salary: $67,000, 40 hours per week
Duties (including but not limited to):
• Point person for administrative day to day operations, coordinate activities for maximum efficiency.
• Manage office staff including development, motivation, disciplinary issues and attendance.
• Ensure staff in the office are working accordingly, monitor and evaluate performance.
• Oversee employee absences, manage and keep human resources records updated.
• Implement procedures and policies to improve operational efficiencies.
• Manage internal staff relations, resolve disputes in the office.
• Recruitment and training of new employees as required, provide orientation.
• Ensure office records are continually maintained and up to date.
• Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
• Manage schedules, calendars and appointments, booking of travel and accommodations.
• Handling customer complaints and inquiries.
• Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory.
• Handle office system requirements, troubleshooting, research and replacement as required.
• Oversee Apprenticeship and SNAP Program participants and their statuses.
• Provide assistance and office support to management and staff as necessary.
• Minimum completion of secondary school is required.
• 1-3 years experience in office management, keen knowledge of responsibilities, systems and procedures.
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite and must possess fundamental computer skills in general.
• Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures.
• Exemplary multi-tasking capabilities and efficient time management skills.
• Must be a reliable, quick learner who has strong communication skills.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Job Safety is #1 - Kasteel is COR certified and therefore we follow a comprehensive safety program to reduce risk and maximize performance. All employees are required to complete orientations to become accustomed with the site safety culture, specific hazards and detailed safety plans. Commitment to safety compliance can only be 100%.
Kasteel believes in treating employees with dignity and respect, we offer a competitive wage plus benefit plan while allowing you to grow with our company. If you are interested in applying please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all applications, yet due to the number of applications, we are only able to follow-up with the best qualified candidates. For a detailed job description, please head to https://www.kasteel.ca/careers/job-postings/