The Conseil de développement économique des Territoires du Nord-Ouest (CDÉTNO) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote, stimulate and support economic development and employability of Francophones and Francophiles in the NWT. CDETNO is an employer that promotes fairness and equality, and offers a stimulating work environment, focused on accountability of each employee and lifelong learning where balance between work and life is important. We are looking for a competent and professional person to join the NWT Career Centre team.
NWT Career Centre
Clients accessing the Career Centre fall within one or more employability dimensions ranging from Job Readiness through to Career Growth. Our task is to provide a broad range of services to meet the needs of all of our clientele, firmly rooted within a client-focused approach while delivering services encompassing the values of respect, helpfulness, honesty, empathy and open communication.
Employment Assistance Services support individual client groups based on the philosophy of meeting clients where they are at, while working in partnership with complimentary service providers.
Roles and responsibilities
The Career Centre Administrator will be responsible for the day to day operations of the NWT Career Centre.
- Assist job seekers with educational and career planning needs, providing orientations to familiarize job seekers with Career Centre use and resources while maintaining client confidentiality at all times;
- Determine if job seeker requires referrals to Career Development Officers for career counselling or career coach for one on one sessions in a discreet and confidential manner
- Assist clients with computer and internet orientation, resume and cover letter writing, design and development, proofreading, and edits of pre-existing documents.
- Maintain current knowledge of local labour market and career development best practices to assist clients with job searching, resume and cover letter development and job interviews.
- Provide excellent customer service to hundreds of diverse clients in the Career Centre from a variety of heritages, educational levels, literacy levels, skills and abilities.
- In collaboration with the Career Centre Manager, establish relationships with community members to promote Career Centre services;
- Maintain and update job search tools, labor market information, career and education resources.
- Abiding by Career Centre’s Zero Tolerance policy, write incident reports if required, forward reports as required to Manager or direction.
- Assist with the organization of Job Fairs and other events
- Any other specific tasks as instructed by the administration
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Post-Secondary education required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in English. Fluency in another NWT Official language is an asset.
- Superior people skills with strong customer service focus
- Ability to work professionally with people from diverse backgrounds and educational levels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, able to diffuse potentially aggressive and volatile situations
- Proofreading experience
- Experience with resume and cover letter writing
- Knowledge of Career and Education Development practices and principles
Work location: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Starting date: as soon as possible
Please note your interest by sending your resume and cover letter to :
Conseil de développement économique des TNO (CDETNO)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org