This (JD) describes the core job duties of "moving services driver" occupation.
Main roles / Employee tasks:
- Wraps dishes and fragile items in paper or corrugated cardboard packs them in barrels.
- Rolls up rugs, removes pictures from walls and loads furniture into van.
- Arranges articles in truck to form compact load, using ropes and padding to secure goods prevent breakage.
- Load unload trucks, vans, or automobiles
- Present bills and receipts collect payments for shipments delivered or loaded.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Turn in receipts money received from deliveries.
- Maintain records, like vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements, in accordance with regulations.
- Read maps follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic transportation situations to bases or other vehicles, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
- Sell keep records of sales for products from truck inventory.
- Drive vehicles with capacities under three tons to transport materials to from specified destinations, like residences, offices, or within industrial yards.
- Perform emergency repairs, like changing tires or installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, or spark plugs.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles
- Maintaining a valid Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract
- Working with the public
- Operating a vehicle in all weather conditions
Lift and carry up to 50 kg