SK Contracting Ltd.
Box 189 Fort Smith, NT X0E 0P0
Looking to Hire:
Moving Company Truck Driver
SK Contracting Ltd. is a small moving and freight company based out of the Northwest Territories serving the Northwest Territories, Yukon, Alberta, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Labrador, Ontario and all across Canada, currently looking to hire a truck driver to become a critical part of our great team!
As we are a moving company experience in packing of household items, wrapping of furniture, knowledge of assembly and disassembling of furniture, and loading and unloading of trailers and cube trucks is preferred but not required.
Experience driving cube trucks, as well as trucks pulling enclosed trailers and flat deck trailers ranging from 20’, 26’, 40’, 45’ all the way up to 60’ to 65’ long including the truck and trailer, along with experience completing truck driver logbook and weight scale truck and trailer inspections is preferred but not required.
Knowledge of the Northwest Territories and other Provinces roads, weather, winter/ice roads and summer ferries is also preferred but not required.
Truck Driver Job Responsibilities:
- Drive and operate trucks
- Packing and wrapping of household goods and furniture
- Load and unload of household goods, ATVS and vehicles
- Load and unload cargo
- Follow instructions; locate and read location and road maps
- Pre-inspect truck
- Pick up goods and materials, verify loads for accuracy, and deliver them as instructed
- Responsible for basic vehicle maintenance; comply with all safe work practices at all times
- Complete and verify required paperwork for accuracy
- Respect and communicate with clients in a friendly manner
Truck Driver Skills and Qualifications:
- Traffic laws/ DOT regulations/ driving knowledge
- Pallet jack & lift gate experience preferred but not required
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds repeatedly throughout day
- Ability to travel when and where required within Canada
- Clean driving record
- No DUI/DWI convictions in the past seven years
- Listening and verbal communication skills
- Team work
Education, Experience, and Age Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class 5 Drivers License
- 20 years or older
- Fluent English speaking
Please note this position is also available to shift workers or part time workers looking for additional work on days off, please do not hesitate to apply!
Start date: Tentative May 2022
Salary: To be determinate based on experience.
How to Apply:
To apply or get more information on this posting please send an email with your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org