Manager, Financial Operations
The Workers’ Safety and Compensation Commission’s (WSCC) vision is to eliminate workplace diseases and injuries. Our mission is to promote workplace health and safety while providing no fault insurance to employers and care for injured workers. Our values are respect, engagement, integrity, openness, cultural safety, excellence and stewardship in the workplace.
The Manager, Financial Operations is located in Yellowknife and reports to the Chief Financial Officer, and has a dual reporting structure that is accountable to the Corporate Comptroller for the day to day operations and to the Chief Financial Officer in relation to staffing.
As the Manager, Financial Operations your main responsibilities will be:
• Oversight of the data inputted to the WSCC Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems utilizing a complex integration process between the WSCC Great Plains Accounting System (GP), the inhouse claims management and revenue system, Assessment and Accident Prevention System (CAAPS), medical invoicing system ReQlogic, and the WSCC e-connect web-portal for Claimants and Employers.
• Managing the transactional processing activities, AP, AR, chart of account reconciliations, month end close and general journal entries
• Providing professional advice, training and interpretation of the Workers’ Compensation Act and Regulations, WSCC policies, the Financial Administration Act, IFRS and Generally Accepted Accounting Policies (GAAP).
• Supervision of five (5) staff: three (3) Senior Accounting Clerks, one (1) Finance Officer and one (1) Accounting Clerk, Revenue.
As the successful candidate you will hold a CPA designation with 3 years directly related financial management experience, including 2 years of supervisory experience in a computerized financial environment.
The successful candidate can look forward to:
• A salary ranging from $58.88 to $70.34 hourly (approx. $114,816 to $137,163 per year)
• A Northern Living Allowance of $3,700 per year
• Full relocation assistance from your home to Yellowknife arranged by the WSCC
• A generous benefits package and enrollment in the defined Public Service Pension Plan
• Learning and development programs and funding dedicated to your career growth
• A workplace culture that promotes and supports a healthy work-life balance
• A diverse workforce that embraces change and welcomes your lived experience
A satisfactory criminal records check is required for this position.
Closing Date: Open until filled
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please forward your resume quoting competition to:
You must clearly identify your eligibility to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action
The WSCC is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and require support or accommodation
during the hiring process, we encourage you to identify your needs when we contact you for an interview.
We may use this competition to fill similar vacancies that become available over the next six months.
The ability to communicate in an official language of the Northwest Territories or Nunavut, in addition to
English, is an asset.