Det’on Cho Management LP is the economic arm of the Yellowknives Dene First Nation. We are currently accepting resumes of those who are interested in the Emergency Fire Fighting Season. We are extending an opportunity for recent High School Graduates who are a minimum of 18 years or older to gain seasonal employment within Det’on Cho Management LP and along with the GNWT, Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
Job duties may vary, depending on experience and location of work.
- Use of firefighter tools such as hoses, axes, and handheld radios
- Operate and maintain skidders and bulldozers
- Participate in water bombing operations
- Dig trenches, cut trees, and pump water onto burning areas
- Patrol burned areas to watch for hot spots that could restart fires
- Prepare firefighting reports
Fire Fighting Skill Sets
- Must be physically fit
- Able to carry up to 50 lbs of equipment across rough terrain
- Basic Fire Behaviour Knowledge
- Fire Management Tactics
- Chainsaw Safety
- Standard First Aid
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods