Job Description: First Cook / Line Cook
Job Title: First Cook / Line Cook
Company Name: Copperhouse Eatery + Lounge
Location: Yellowknife, NWT
Salary: CAD $ 18 per hour
Position: Permanent Full Time
- As needed to accomplish the task in the respective food production and line.
- Daily arrives per published and posted scheduled on respective workdays and ready to work with proper attitude and uniform.
- Coordinate with chef or supervisor that respective areas in the kitchen have designated product utilizing par stock sheets.
- Coordinate and works under the direction of the Head Chef/Sous Chef and communicates daily.
- Responsible for maintaining top quality cleanliness in all kitchen operations.
- Works with Chef/Supervisor to adapt and address any special culinary or purchasing matters as directed by Chef/Supervisor.
- Attend kitchen meetings as scheduled.
- Insures that all kitchen facilities and equipment are clean, operational and maintained. Communicates any repair issues to Manager/Supervisor.
- Assures safe food handling and food preparation.
- Works with Chef/Supervisor any seasonal food items.
- Insure that all daily checklists are fully completed by and communicated to Chef/Sous Chef including opening, mid-shift and closing responsibilities.
- Assures that all products are prepared and cooked correctly per specification without deviation before any product is presented to front of house staff for presentation to guests
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of restaurant per Employee Handbook and posted policies and procedures.
- Meets with Chef/Supervisor as needed and performs other duties as requested by the Head Chef/Sous Chef or the General Manager.
- no education required
- 2 years