Kasteel Construction and Coatings Inc. is a Northern owned and operated company located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Our mission is to provide the best quality Construction and Coatings services for the best possible value.
Due to our rapidly expanding business, we have an opening for the following position: Labourer or Carpenter Apprentice.
Job summary: Kasteel is looking for an energetic individual to support our construction team. Are you someone who can work in an extremely fast paced environment and requires minimal supervision? We need people who love thinking outside the box and wowing clients with their quality of work while showcasing their skills. The ideal candidate will be willing to travel, job sites include Yellowknife and surrounding areas as well as various mines sites.
Please note that our roles require the ability to successfully obtain security and medical clearances, therefore candidates must be able to meet drug and alcohol policy requirements as well as meet background screening requirements.
• Prepare and clean-up of job sites, dispose of debris and other waste materials.
• Load and unload building materials and equipment.
• Maintaining, renovating, repairing and construction in accordance with building codes, blueprints and standards and practices.
• Assisting the lead in all construction/project requirements.
• Operate power tools and other equipment (construction).
• Meet specified deadlines and complete all assigned work.
• Plan work processes and read construction layouts.
• General labouring and material handling as required.
• Maintain a safe and organized work environment.
• Follow all Kasteel Safety policies and procedures.
• Minimum first year schooling already complete, desire to advance in the construction industry.
• Manual dexterity and ability to use carpentry tools in a safe and responsible manner.
• Effective verbal communication and listening skills.
• Reliable with good attendance and time-management skills.
• Willingness to work overtime when necessary to deliver the project on time.
• Physically fit, comfortable working at heights and carrying at least 80 pounds.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
• Be based in Yellowknife full time.
Job Safety is #1 - Kasteel is COR certified and therefore we follow a comprehensive safety program to reduce risk and maximize performance. All employees are required to complete orientations to become accustomed with the site safety culture, specific hazards and detailed safety plans. Commitment to safety compliance can only be 100%.
Kasteel believes in treating employees with dignity and respect, we offer a competitive wage plus benefit plan while allowing you to grow with our company. If you are interested in applying, please forward your resume, cover letter (if available) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all applications, yet due to the number of applications, we are only able to follow-up with the best qualified candidates.