Are you an Indigenous NWT resident looking to join a creative, collaborative team, and advance your communications career? As our Junior Communications Officer, you will be responsible for assisting in the development and preparation of a variety of communications products and supporting the team in providing communications services to internal clients. You will :
- gain experience in a broad range of communications activities;
- support the implementation of communications plans;
- support the planning of events and dignitary trips;
- engage in media relations; and
- much more!
The Junior Communications Officer will be responsible, under direct supervision, for assisting in the development and preparation of communications products and services to the NWT Regional Office on files such as the Contaminants and Remediation Division, the Giant Mine Remediation Project, the Operations and Community Services Directorate, and the Governance and Partnership Directorate.
Salary, Allowances, and Benefits
The salary for this position is $ $67,330 to $72,544. In addition to salary, you are entitled to isolated post allowances. As a federal government employee, you will also receive a comprehensive benefit package including an employee pension plan and health, dental and group insurance.
The successful applicant will fit the following profile
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to write communications tools or products
- Have effective interpersonal skills.
- Be dependable.
- Pay attention to detail.
Work location: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Starting date : ASAP, full time position
Please note your interest by submitting through the GC Jobs website.
The deadline to apply for this position is February 29, 2024.