Position Title: Senior Contract Specialist
Employment Type: Employee (permanent)
About Arctic Canadian Diamond Company (ACDC)
Arctic Canadian Diamond Company is a Canadian mining company and a significant producer and supplier of premium rough diamond assortments to the global market. The company owns and operates the Ekati Diamond Mine. The company also holds a controlling interest in the Lac de Gras Diamond Project. The Ekati Diamond Mine and the Lac de Gras Diamond Project are in Canada’s Northwest Territories. In addition to its mining and exploration operations, Arctic has offices in Canada and Belgium.
Reporting to the Manager, Contracts & Procurement, the Sr. Contracts Specialist is responsible for all go-to market activities, contract negotiations, managing contracts, supplier relationship management and procuring of services. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented, self-motivated professional, with superior communication and customer service skills.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers as well as coach and mentor Contract Specialists on the team.
This position will be permanently based in Calgary, AB and work a Monday to Friday schedule at the Corporate Office. Occasional travel to the Ekati mine site will be an ongoing requirement.
- Take a leadership role performing and supporting the Contracts Specialists for forecasting, planning, and managing contractual services according to the ACDC business plan and department targets, while adhering to company Impact Benefits Agreement (IBA) and Socio-Economic Agreement (SEA) commitments;
- Provide support for Manager, Contracts & Procurement as required;
- Managing all contract related activities, ensuring all legal compliance requirements are met, maintaining strong documentation of change orders, contractual correspondences and meeting minutes;
- Lead all verbal and written communications with suppliers including contract negotiations and negotiations of terms and conditions;
- Perform spend analysis, document business requirements, conduct market research and define sourcing strategies;
- Responsible for leading Supplier Relationship Management process on behalf of ACDC in order to enable strong supplier performance and partnering relationships with suppliers;
- Coach and mentor Contract Specialists on the team;
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the company’s contract management system and supplier management processes;
- Ability to manage a diverse workload;
- Exceptional leadership skills along with the ability to mentor and coach other staff;
- Prepare and coordinate the input of various disciplines into the preparation of the RFx. process through to evaluation, award, contract execution, administration and final contract close-out.
- Post-Secondary degree in a related discipline (e.g. Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, etc.);
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation would be considered an asset;
- Minimum 12 years’ experience, preferably in Contract Administration in a mining or industrial setting;
- Previous experience with SAP or similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is preferred;
- Proficiency with key Office software tools such as the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
What we Offer
At Arctic we believe people are our most important asset. That is why we are fully committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our employees and to establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
The Ekati Diamond mine is internationally recognized as a world-class supplier of top-quality rough diamonds. Now operated by Arctic, the Ekati mine provides unique operational challenges and rewarding career development opportunities
Arctic offers a competitive total compensation package including, company paid extended health, dental and vision care, Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP), generous employer matched pension, extensive paid vacation and personal days to complement work-life balance.
Arctic is dedicated to developing our workforce and to creating an environment where people can learn, grow and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions and adult education initiatives.
Arctic provides travel to and from the Ekati mine site out of Calgary, Yellowknife, and other northern fly points,
Employees need to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Arctic Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume, to receive priority consideration.
Visit www.arcticcanadian.ca to apply and to learn more about Arctic’s operations.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.