Job description-Maintenance Staff
Ptarmigan Inn Hotels Ltd is Hay River's premier full service hotel conveniently located in the downtown area. We feature 3 large boardrooms along with full service catering, and onsite gym, Fitness4All. As well, we offer a many dining options, Keys Dining and Doghouse Pub right in the hotel, and Back Eddy Lounge & Grill just down the road.
The Maintenance Worker will be responsible for performing general building and property maintenance. The Maintenance Worker shall also be responsible for keeping buildings in clean and orderly condition, and will perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Additional duties include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalks. The Maintenance Worker shall ensure that the grounds are maintained appropriately.
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Critical Thinking
- Perform general clean-up of all facilities.
- Comply with Health and Safety and WHMIS requirements for Personal Protective Equipment.
- Respond to client requests for maintenance in hotel rooms.
- Sweep, mop, polish, refinish resilient floors, vacuum and shampoo carpeted areas, perform all cleaning aspects of halls, offices, board rooms, restrooms, lunchroom and auditoriums as well as wash walls, windows and window coverings.
- Perform regular property inspections of the hotel including common areas, building exterior, and landscape.
- Collect and dispose of all garbage and recyclables.
- Clean light fixtures and change light bulbs/tubes.
- Perform minor repairs on windows, doors, switches, desks, tables, plugs, equipment, appliances, sinks, toilets, blinds etc.
- Responsible for vandalism clean up and repair, within skill level.
- Maintain heating and air conditioning systems, boilers, pumps, fan units, control panels, thermostats, cooling towers, etc.
- Prepare and set up rooms or auditoriums for meetings, parties, or various other activities and clean up afterwards.
- Maintain outside grounds (remove snow, ice, and debris, spray and remove weeds, sweep and clean gutters, water and maintain sprinkling systems).
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Prepare, paint and decorate interior and exterior surfaces, as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Ability to perform small repairs (e.g. caulking, replacing washers, and replacing light fixtures)
- Must be familiar with cleaning products.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Various indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- Interact with management, colleagues, and public.
- Overtime as required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 25 pounds.
Criminal Record Check required
This position is limited to Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents or individuals in possession of an open work permit. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $19.00 per hour