Our Yellowknife office is currently seeking a full-time experienced IT Helpdesk Technician – Tier 1 to join our team. This role reports directly to the IT Leader. The successful candidate will be a career-focused IT Helpdesk Technician that is excited to join a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial firm.
- Remotely and locally respond to and resolve requests for support through our ticket system
- Interpret request for support and communicate in your own words back to the end user what you believe it is they are requesting
- Develop a series of steps and actions to troubleshoot and resolve the issue
- Communicate in writing, through the ticket system, their action plan to resolve the issue
- Upon successful resolution of the issue, the steps taken will be documented for the reference of the end user and for use in the resolution of future issues
- Troubleshoot workstation hardware issues
- Add to and maintain the internal and end user IT knowledge bases
- Assist with setup and deployment of company workstations and hardware
- Contribute to and be a part of a collaborative team environment within the IT department and the local office
- Accessible after hours for emergency issues
- Any other duties as deemed necessary for the betterment of the IT department
- College level Diploma in Computer Information Systems, Networking and Telecom, or equivalent
- 1-2 years previous IT Help Desk experience is required
- HDI Technical Support Professional training considered an asset
- Past work experience in an accounting firm in an IT capacity will be viewed favorably
- Ability to work independently without day to day direct supervision
- Proven exceptional customer service skills and high sense of urgency
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills are essential
- Strong willingness, capacity, and desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- Technical skill set should include an entry level understanding of the following:
- Windows server environments
- Windows desktop operating systems
- File shares and permissions
- Microsoft Office products
- Workstation and laptop hardware
- Basic IP networking and connectivity
About the Yellowknife Office
The Crowe MacKay Yellowknife office provides local and remote audit, assurance, and tax services to clients across the Northwest Territories and Nunavut. They have a diverse client group including municipal, federal, and territorial governments, not-for-profit organizations, and privately owned businesses. At Crowe MacKay we have established ourselves as a dynamic firm with a commitment to creating an environment for success, both for our teams and our clients. If you have an adventurous side, an entrepreneurial spirit, along with experience in an IT Support role – we want to hear from you.
Your Journey as an IT Helpdesk Technician
At Crowe MacKay, you have the opportunity to support our professionals to deliver innovative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Our staff strive to provide a range of financial services to a diverse array of businesses and count on our IT in order to do so. Our firm has grown to eight offices across northern and western Canada not only because we deliver consistently exceptional service, but because we attract employees at all levels who are passionate about their work and the communities they serve. With over 50 years of expertise, we are recognized as an employer of choice, committed to creating lasting value. Come grow with Crowe!
Send us your cover letter outlining why you believe you are our successful candidate along with a copy of your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with IT Helpdesk Technician in the subject line.
Crowe MacKay offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Crowe MacKay is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
At Crowe MacKay, we know that great people are what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package.
Our Crowe MacKay Yellowknife office also offers:
- Travel benefits
- Relocation loan
- Internet reimbursement
- Years of Service Bonus
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group Benefits package
Learn more about what working at Crowe MacKay as an IT Helpdesk Position can do for you.
More About Crowe MacKay
Crowe MacKay is committed to giving back to the communities in which we live and work. Not only are we involved in charitable organizations as a firm, but we support and encourage our employees to volunteer in their communities as well. We firmly believe that a strong community creates endless opportunities for education, employment, and increased quality of living. Crowe MacKay services clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 140 countries around the world.