Report to: Manager Housekeeping / Laundry
Overall Purpose of the Job: To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness are maintained.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Arrive at work as scheduled and on time
• Carry on call cell phone as required
• To maintain cleanliness as per standards
• Responds to urgent requests in a timely manner
Required Knowledge / Skills / Job Qualifications:
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Ability to work under pressure and resolve problems
• Physically Fit – the role requires medium to heavy lifting and step ladder work.
• Ability to work effectively with all personality types.
• Ability to anticipate client needs and multitask
• High school or equivalent. Post secondary education and or previous experience in Housekeeping considered an asset.
• Candidates must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
• Located in Yellowknife at Stanton Territorial Hospital
• Full time position 37.5 hour per week.
• Schedule is Monday – Friday
• 6:30am – 2:30pm daily
• Wages to be addressed
• Full benefits package
During Training, applicant will be required to work some 7:30am – 3:30pm shifts.
We will accept applications until the most suitable prospective candidate has been identified.
Please submit all resumes or questions to Sharon_langer@gov.nt.ca