Position Title: Heavy Equipment Technician
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
About Arctic Canadian Diamond Company
Arctic Canadian Diamond Company (Arctic) is a Canadian mining company and a significant producer and supplier of premium rough diamond assortments to the global market. The company owns and operates the Ekati Diamond Mine. The company also holds a controlling interest in the Lac de Gras Diamond Project. The Ekati Diamond Mine and the Lac de Gras Diamond Project are located in Canada’s Northwest Territories. In addition to its mining and exploration operations, Arctic has offices in Canada and Belgium.
As a member of the Health and Safety Team, the Superintendent Health and Safety will report to the Head of Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Communities and work a 2 weeks on/2 weeks off schedule at the Ekati Diamond Mine. The Superintendent Health and Safety will be responsible for leading the safety culture at the Ekati Diamond Mine and is expected to interact frequently in the field and with all departments and levels of the organization.
- Complete Initial field inspections, preventive maintenance, field repairs, component changes, and all other standard maintenance activities required to maintain site equipment;
- Execute the site’s contamination control strategy including fluid monitoring, formal pre-fill protocols and on-site filtration device and procedures;
- Performing all services in connection with site equipment, parts and components;
- Mentorship of employees, trainees and trades people;
- Always protect the safety and well-being of yourself and your co-workers. Follow all Company specific safety protocols and Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures;
- Work with other trades in a flexible team environment to achieve best-in-class efficiency and productivity.
- Certified Journeyperson Red Seal Heavy Equipment Technician;
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Must have experience with mining equipment;
- Working knowledge of SAP and basic computer literacy with willingness to learn new computer skills;
- Ability to comprehend a situation and identify underlying causes, use knowledge and experience to tackle and solve technical issues;
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Class 5 driver's license is required.
What we offer
At Arctic, we believe people are our most important asset. This is why we are fully committed to the health, safety and well-being of our employees. We believe in establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
Arctic is dedicated to developing our workforce and to creating an environment where people can learn, grow and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions and adult education initiatives.
Arctic offers a competitive salary, performance bonus and total compensation package, including company paid extended health, dental and vision care, an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP), employer matched pension, generous paid vacation and personal days, as well as a Dependent Scholarship Program and employee discounts. On site we provide accommodations and meals, a fully equipped gym and recreation facilities,
Arctic provides travel to and from the Ekati mine site out of Calgary, Yellowknife, and other northern fly points.
Employees need to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Arctic’s Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume to receive priority consideration.
Visit www.arcticcanadian.ca to apply and to learn more about Arctic’s operations.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.