Automotive Service Manager
Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the
organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training,
and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The primary purpose of the Service Manager is to lead the auto service team in providing the ultimate customer experience
in auto service and repairs by building customer trust and loyalty through high quality workmanship and professional
and knowledgeable counter staff. The Service Manager works collaboratively with the Associate Dealer to establish sales
objectives, cost controls and strategies for growth and profitability in the Auto Service Centre.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management to team members in order to offer
excellent customer service.
- Reviews and implements Service Centre policies and procedures that improve the Customer Experience through
high quality repairs and building customer relationships.
- Develops and implements a long-term strategy and action plan to attract and retain customers.
- Leads by example and consistently displays excellent customer service.
- Recruits, develops, motivates, recognizes and holds accountable an Auto Service team that will meet established
objectives and targets for sales and profitability.
- Improves sales and profitability for the Service Centre and monitors the operating budget by tracking sales and expenses.
- Keeps abreast of best practices and key factors impacting the Service Centre business and takes action to align
Service Centre initiatives accordingly.
- Maintains quality workmanship through monitoring uniformed inspection guidelines.
- Maintains service department presentation through daily inspections.
- Plans, organizes, delegates and follows up on work and projects while considering team skill levels, customer wait
times and the availability of parts and equipment.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with company, store and department policies, as well as health and
safety programs and regulations.
- Implements training structure and professional development strategy within the Service Centre.
- Builds and maintains rapport with internal and external customers or vendors, as required.
- Organizes and conducts regular staff meetings and actively participates in management meetings.
- Knowledge of market trends in the automotive service industry.
- Ability to work effectively with auto parts ordering systems and computerized work order systems.
- Good working knowledge of CoStar is an asset.
- Valid driver's licence for province of employment.
- Management experience in a customer service-oriented industry.
- Management experience in the auto service industry is an asset.
- Experience in a Canadian Tire Auto Service Centre is an asset.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions.
- Ability to adapt and cope with challenging situations.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Store Manager and General Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise
items may vary in weight from "light" to "heavy".
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following
- Employment Verification
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
Please send resume and cover letter : firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.