Front Desk Attendant will provide high-quality service to hotel customers. You will address complaints and go the extra mile to make sure our guests are satisfied.
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who can stay positive when facing difficult situations. You should also be reliable and customer-oriented, as you’ll serve as a primary point of contact for our customers.
Your goal will be to ensure our guests enjoy themselves and plan to come back to our facilities.
- Receive and process inquiries and reservations in person, via telephone, fax or email
- Review arrival lists to welcome guests
- Register & process guests and their assigned rooms
- Accommodate guest requests in a friendly and time sensitive manner
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages
- Receive letters, packages etc. and distribute them
- Check, sort and forward emails
- Communicate with hotel staff on the status of guest rooms
- Up Sell guest rooms and promote hotel services
- Accurately handle and process debit, credit card and cash payments
- Attend to guests and answer their inquiries
- Provide accurate information about amenities, area and venues and promote services
- Offer assistance with certain tasks (e.g. confirming travel arrangements, taking messages)
- Address customer complaints and escalate when required
- Communicate information to the hotel staff, as required
- Maintain a clean and neat front desk area
- Ensure compliance with health and quality standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Secondary School Diploma complimented by a post secondary Diploma or Certificate in the hospitality industry is preferred
A successful combination of education and experience may be considered as an equivalent.
- Proven experience as a Front Desk Attendant or customer service
- Current work experience with hospitality industry standards
- Proficiency in English is required; knowledge of additional languages is an asset
- Computer literate
- A customer-oriented and professional attitude
- An outgoing personality
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A strong team player
- Clear Criminal Record Required