The Ptarmigan Inn (Hay River, NT) is currently recruiting for an experienced Food and Beverage Supervisor to take its F&B operations to a whole new level, where dining becomes an experience! The ideal candidate will take a hands-on approach to managing, mentoring, and organizing the Food and Beverage Department, including the Restaurant & Lounge, Banqueting, and kitchen operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager, this position:
- Assist in coordinating and implementing promotional and special events to increase awareness, business and revenues.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates the degree of guest satisfaction, recommends and implements new marketing and/or operational procedures when necessary to keep up with the demand and market changes.
- Coordinates the menu planning process by reviewing menus and prices. Recommends changes, incorporates market trends and implements price changes as needed.
- Is a presence in outlets, kitchen and banquets during peak periods.
- Mentors, trains and manages team members in consultation with H.R.D., interviews and hires new employees, coaches, counsels and develops team members to reach their full potential.
- Establishes a rapport with all clientele and V.I.P.’s to ensure that hotel facilities are selected for business and personal functions.
- In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members.
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels.
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute
- Post-secondary Food and Beverage/Hospitality/culinary education preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience.
- Knowledge and experience with menu costing and food and beverage cost controls.
- Established relationships with local food and beverage suppliers an asset
- Prior experience in both restaurants and banqueting in a hotel environment.
- Hands-on approach to training and a leadership style committed to developing and motivating the F&B team to attain a superior level of guest service.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to achieve deadlines while focusing on departmental/hotel fiscal results.
- Proficient in EXCEL, Microsoft Word/Office/Outlook.
- Ability to work cohesively with all team members in all departments.
This position offers a strong base compensation, determined by experience. The Ptarmigan Inn also offers GRSP and health care benefits, following a probationary period.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org