Air Tindi Ltd. prides itself on safety, customer satisfaction and professionalism. Together with our dedicated partnerships, passionate employees and a diversified fleet of aircraft built for the North, we remain at the forefront of on demand and scheduled services in Northern Canada.
While based in Yellowknife NT, Air Tindi has been providing services for over 35 years, across Canada and in many different capacities, including essential schedule services to Northern communities, commercial industries (mining), tourism, government, and community support services.
Fleet: de Havilland Canada Dash-7, de Havilland Canada Twin Otter, Beech King Air 250, de Havilland Canada Turbo Otter, Cessna Caravan.
Reports to the Supervisor of Operational Control
The Flight Coordinator – Type C will be responsible for:
• Handle all facets of the day-to-day flight operations
• Handle logistics planning
• Operate in a fast paced environment while maintaining the daily flight schedule
• Book flights
• Organizing and assisting with ground support for departing and arriving aircraft
• Keep relevant personnel informed with trip information
• Attending the phones/radio
• Coordinating with customers and other departments to ensure all flights depart and arrive safely.
• Other duties as required
• 19 years old, minimum with a high school diploma or equivalent;
• Able to work 12 hour shifts, including night rotations;
• Be a proven team player who demonstrates leadership abilities and a positive and energetic attitude when interacting with customers or coworkers;
• Able to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team, sometimes under difficult and stressful circumstances;
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
• Ability to make critical decisions with limited information;
• Solid oral and written communication skills;
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
• Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
• Previous experience in a similar role or setting will be considered an asset.
• Competitive Wages
• Group RRSP Matching
• Work life balance
• Interline Travel
• Health and Dental Benefits
• EFAP Employee, Family Assistance Program
• Work parties
• Stocked Kitchen
PERKS OF LIVING IN YELLOWKNIFE:
• Small Community Feel
• More than 15km’s of trails, 4 off leash dog parks
• Deep Heritage
• 700 recreation & leisure programs year round
• Amazing views, and long summer days
• Higher than average incomes
• Short commutes
• Over a dozen lakes
• Two words: Northern Lights
• A little something for everyone
At Air Tindi we work together to provide an inclusive environment. We are committed to employment equity and encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.