Det’on Cho Management LP is the economic arm of the Yellowknives Dene First Nation. We are currently accepting resumes in many different areas to build the Membership database to assist members gain employment within Det’on Cho Management LP and its Group of Companies.
This is an expression of interest to help build a better knowledge of the Yellowknives Dene workforce.
However there are no current vacant positions at this time, we foresee that there may be some opportunities in the future.
Expression of Interest – Water Treatment Plant Operator
Water Treatment Plant Operator controls treatment plant machines and equipment to purify and clarify water for human consumption and for industrial use: Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of raw water into treating plant.
The position will include, but will not be limited to the following:
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Water, Sewer, Potable and Reverse Osmosis Treatment Plant Operator;
- Operating basic equipment;
- Sump Monitoring;
- All other duties as required
The ideal candidate must have a:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED;
- Have prior education/experience in the Water/Wastewater Treatment field;
- Minimum of 2-5 years of Water Treatment Plant Operating experience
- Experience operating in a process, transfer or water treatment plant an asset;
- Experience working with and repairing pumps and motors an asset.
- Standard First Aid Certificate with CPR is an asset.
- Must hold a Valid Class 5 driver’s license
If you are a self-motivated achiever with a desire to join a locally owned, growing and vibrant Company, a career with Det’on Cho and/or its Group of Companies may be just what you’ve been searching for.
To apply for this expression of interest, please submit resume along with cover letter. Please note the title of your interest: “Expression of interest – Water Treatment Plant Operator” in the email subject line.
By Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
In Person: 3rd Floor, Det’on Cho Building, 901 Sikyea Tili N’Dilo