Black Knight Pub Mission Statement
The mission of the Black Knight Pub is to continue to be the premier bar and casual restaurant in Yellowknife. We accomplish this mission by offering:
- Superb quality beverages and food at fair prices.
- A relaxed yet unique atmosphere in the manner of a traditional Scottish Pub.
- A staff of friendly and knowledgeable professionals to provide our guests with the finest in personal service.
The Black Knight Pub is committed to:
- Being a responsible corporate citizen by abiding by the letter and spirit of the laws of Yellowknife, the NWT and Canada.
- Being a contributing member of our community
- Treating our employee with respect, dignity and fairness.
- Adhering to KNIGHTPRINCIPLES, our Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Principles.
In order to make our mission and values a reality, we recognize that we must, and commit that we will, live by the preceding in dealing with our guests, our fellow employees, our community and others with whom we come in contact.
Evening Kitchen Supervisor
The evening Kitchen manager supervises nighttime kitchen personnel along with preparing dishes in large quantities. The evening Kitchen Supervisor also assists the Kitchen Manager in supervising food production, catering events, and other functions.
The evening Kitchen Supervisor also ensures that quality and cost standards are consistently attained.
The Black Knight Pub is a high volume, Scottish themed pub located in Yellowknife NT with a capacity of 115 with the Top Knight Pub located directly above with a capacity of 195 people.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares or directly supervises the preparation of a wide variety of menu items;
- Supervision of nighttime employees, menu planning, and related production activities.
- Assists the Kitchen Manger with inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning, and issuing supplies.
- Assumes oversight of food production and kitchen personnel in the absence of the Kitchen Manager
- Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, presentation, and flavour of foods.
- Cleans and maintains work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment, and other areas as appropriate.
- Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
- Keep all the health standards in place and follow all the required health, fire and safety codes.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 3 years kitchen experience and a Red Seal Chef from accredited institution.
- Extensive supervisorial experience maybe acceptable if not a Red Seal Chef.
- Experience in supervision of kitchen employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Ability to lead and train staff.
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
- Knowledge of menu preparation.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Knowledge of maintenance and care of culinary facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidate must submit to criminal records check and Red Seal certification.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work in a high volume kitchen that requires moderate to heavy physical activity.
- Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than 8 hours per shift.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Please apply: firstname.lastname@example.org