Commission scolaire francophone des Territoires du Nord-Ouest
The Commission scolaire francophone TNO subscribes to the following values and principles:
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and heritage;
- Data-based decisions to improve student success and achievement;
- Integration of computer-based learning technology into the classroom;
- Outcome-based instruction and assessment;
- Sustained commitment to literacy and numeracy;
- Working collaboratively with a variety of partners in education;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- A positive team spirit.
Typically, candidates should have completed a Teacher Education Program diploma or a Bachelor of Education degree and be eligible for a Northwest Territories Teaching Certificate.
The following criteria will be important considerations in the hiring process:
- Strong background and competence in elementary education (Grades 3 to 6);
- Teaching experience in a JK–12 environment would be an asset;
- Excellent classroom management skills;
- Knowledge of, or willingness to become familiar with, the prescribed NWT curricula in French First Language instruction and related areas;
- Experience using data to inform instructional decisions;
- Experience in multi-grade classrooms and differentiated instruction;
- Understanding of and experience in the integration of technology into classroom instruction;
- Demonstrated proficiency in spoken and written French.
This position is available starting in September 2022.
To apply click here