Crowe MacKay LLP is a dynamic, growth-oriented, regional firm committed to creating a successful environment for both for our clients and our team. As our Yellowknife office continues to grow, we are actively looking for a permanent full time senior accountant to join our team.
Our Yellowknife staff provide local and remote audit, assurance and tax services to clients across the NWT and Nunavut. We have a diverse client group including Municipal Governments, Not-For-Profit Organizations, Federal and Territorial Government, and privately owned business. If you are have an adventurous side, an entrepreneurial spirit, along with your CPA Designation – we want to hear from you.
- Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals, businesses, not-for-profit, municipal and first nations with a wide range of accounting, assurance and financial services.
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative effort and discussion.
- Analyzing and preparing personal, trust, corporate tax, GST, T4 and T5 returns including CRA audit and support requests.
- Provide support to clients and staff on general questions regarding accounting, taxations, operations and financial accounting issues.
- In conjunction with and under the supervision of management, responsible for completion of all aspects of the engagement.
- Ability to prepare, complete and review working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of industry segments.
- Build effective working relationships with clients, and actively participate in business development through community involvement.
- Completion of additional ad-hoc administrative duties or assignments as required.
Qualifications & Personal Attributes
- Professional designation CPA or related legacy CA, CMA, CGA.
- 2-3 years of public accounting experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting standards.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of CaseWare, CaseView, Taxprep and Microsoft Office.
Our firm offers a competitive compensation package, excellent medical and dental benefits, RRSP plans, and consideration for moving allowances should we find the ideal candidate. Extensive travel is a requirement of this position given the region we service. This position reports directly to the partnership group.
If this position interests you, please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume and cover letter with the subject line: Senior Accountant – Yellowknife.