We are fishing for an experienced line cook to join our talented team and help prepare meals according to our seasonal recipes.
In this position, your principal goal will be to prepare high-quality meals that meet the chef’s exact specifications. You will be responsible for setting up the prep station, stocking inventory, and maintaining sanitation standards.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and multi-tasking skills. Ultimately, you will play an essential role in contributing to our guests’ satisfaction and restaurant growth.
- Mise en place and preparation :
- Preparing components of dishes and garnishes before service
- Ensuring the stations and the kitchen are set up and stocked.
- Service: preparing dishes as per chef’s instructions while ensuring the highest quality reaches the table in a timely manner.
- Report to the executive chef and follow instructions.
- Ensure food preparation and storage areas meet health and safety standards.
- Tidy and clean your workspace after service.
- Participate in stocktaking and inventory.
- Certificate in culinary arts or related field - preferred.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role - required.
- In-depth knowledge of restaurant best practices, cooking methods and safety measures.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for multi-tasking.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team - required.
- safe food handling certification
Work : Part time, permanent
Hours : 15 Hours a week
Place of work: Yellowknife, NT
Hourly wage: To be determine
Starting date: June 1st
How to apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.