Under the direction and guidance of the Director of Engineering for the Inuvialuit Energy Security Project (IESP), the Construction Supervisor will be a contract position responsible for onsite project management of the IESP Early ite Works (ESW) construction in the fall/winter of 2023-24. The Construction Supervisor will oversee Principal Contractor performance of the ESW construction, ensure IESP health, safety, and environmental policies are being adhered to onsite, take lead in emergencies, and manage other onsite services such as quality control.
It is anticipated that the ESW construction will be conducted over a period of approximately 4-6 months. For out-of-region applicants, camp accommodations will be provided, and rotational work will be considered. For example, two candidates could work on a 2-week rotational basis.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination ofeducation, experience, and knowledge:
- Project management experience with a post-secondary certificate in Project Management or equivalent, OR 5+ years field work experience in
project management, is required.
- Experience with providing on-the-job training and mentoring.
- Previous field experience with emergency response situations.
- Experience with bridge construction is an asset.
- Training on required safety systems and emergency response plans will be provided. Demonstrated experience with safety systems and/or emergency management, including ICS, is desired.
- Familiar with Safety Regulations and Best Practices.
- Experience working within Indigenous communities and organizations is an asset.
- Previous experience in the Beaufort-Mackenzie Delta or remote Arctic
conditions is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, networking skills, and organizational skills.
- Proficient with computers, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Excel.
- Reliable, willing, and able to work long-distance.
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO:
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation – Human Resources Division
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 888-872-7142
Priority given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.