The Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation (TIC) has 100% ownership of three retail stores and motels, and operates a petroleum, oil , lubricant division (community fuel delivery/gas station) in each of the beautiful Tłı̨chǫ communities of Whatì, Gamètì, and Wekweètì. We are looking to build our management team within those communities and are sourcing applicants for the following role , located in Wekweètì, NT.
- Oversee all aspects of the operations of the community store and motel, including it's fuel services (POL) division, and the Northwest Territories Power Corporation contract for the oversight/monitoring of the community power plant
- Represent the company in its dealings with customers, the general public, and governments
- Maintain excellent customer relations and quality services
- Coordinate and participate in staff recruitment and training of staff
- In conjunction with the Community Operations Leader, develop performance objectives for each staff member and perform annual and mid-year performance assessments
- In conjunction with the Community Operations Leader, identify staff training and organize seminars, workshops and instructional training relevant to their roles
- Supervise and manage staff performance on a day-to-day basis
- Follow, apply and adhere to Tlicho Investment Corporation (TIC) established policies and procedures
- Ensure a safe, clean and organized environment for employees and customers
- Sett and review annual budgets
- Present financial reports
- Manage monetary transactions responsibly and diligently – identifying and investigating discrepancies thoroughly
- Ensure pricing of services is in line with established guidelines and practices
- Maximize profit margins through ensuring quality standards
- Communicate with auditors at year-end.
- Provide daily financial reports and information to TIC’s finance team in a timely manner with the ability to respond to specific inquiries knowledgeably and accurately
- Manage and maintain product inventory/inventory records and tracking where applicable
- Provide input into the annual operational and capital budgets and provide recommendations on budget amendments
- Manage/perform payroll approvals/timesheet submissions
- Coordinate and communicate staff scheduling
- Perform operational duties in the absence of staff when required
- Present/communicate operational updates to the management team
- Develop, measure and report on Key Performance Indicators for the operation
- Ensure Motel operations (including food/kitchen services) complies with relevant regulations/legislation and that repairs/maintenance/renovation requests are coordinated with the Tlicho Property Management Property Management team
- Ensure that POL services are being effectively delivered
- Communicate with the GNWT Fuel Services Division to ensure that contract obligations are being met
- Coordinate Winter Road community fuel resupply
- In collaboration with the VP, Community Operations and Labour Services, participate in cross-community operations/retail management training of other staff members/supervisors/manager trainee(s)
- Follow, communicate and apply Tlicho Investment Corporation (TIC) established policies and procedures
- Maintain productive working relationship with TIC’s Board of Directors and Management team
- Plan improvements supporting future progress and growth
- Participate in community relations activities to support community development and further the Tlicho Retail Operations reputation and brand
- Research new/improved technology to support efficiencies
- Other duties as required to support the ongoing business operations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent communication, leadership, training and mentoring skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain productivity.
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and maintaining general ledgers.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven client service orientation.
- Ability to meet continuous deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a professional standard of conduct and sound work ethics.
- Proven ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with management, employees, and other stakeholders.
- Safety oriented.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated team building skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of financial and client information.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, diverse environment demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to identify and address workplace hazards.
- Excellent stress management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability and desire to develop and in-depth understanding of our customers and values.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, Outlook), QuickBooks and Point of Sale systems).
Typically, the above would be attained by:
A university degree or a certificate, diploma, or combination of relevant courses in business administration, accounting/finance, retail/hospitality management, coupled with a minimum of 5 years related management and administration experience in a retail/hospitality environment. We will consider equivalencies. Class 5 Driver’s licence mandatory for this role; Class 3 considered a strong asset. The ability to speak and/or understand the Tlicho language is considered a strong asset.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Relocation and housing assistance
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Pension contribution matching
- Vacation Travel Allowance
- Eligibility for Northern Tax Credit
- Opportunity to immerse yourself in small town/culturally rich life and experience a culturally diverse environment
If you feel you are the perfect candidate for this unique role, please submit your application/resume no later than 5 p.m. (MST), on Friday, May 26, 2023
To apply please visit this link : https://tlichoic.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=311