Position Title: CBYF Youth Leader
Type of Position: Part-time, 20 hours per week
Term: July 2020 to March 2021
Compensation: Wage of $20.68 per hour + benefits
Application Deadline: Monday, July 20, 2020
The Communities Building Youth Futures (CBYF) project is a 5-year collective impact strategy project funded by the Government of Canada and implemented by Tamarack Institute in up to 13 communities across Canada. The CBYF project aims at engaging youth facing barriers and supporting them to successfully complete high school and successfully transition from high school to post-secondary, trades, or employment.
The CBYF - Youth Leader position provides a youth (age 15-29) an opportunity to learn new skills and become an invaluable member of the CBYF backbone staff. The youth leader will work alongside the CBYF Project Coordinator and CBYF backbone staff to:
● Facilitate CBYF Youth Council meetings.
● Attend CBYF leadership table meetings; action group meetings.
● Send out communications (e.g. email, phone calls, social media).
● Assist with community engagement and outreach.
● Facilitate CBYF projects (e.g. Community Innovation Project).
To be eligible for the position, applicants must:
● Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and legally entitled to work in Canada.
● Be a youth between the ages of 15-29.
● Commit to working at least 20 hours per week.
● Complete a criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
For more information:
Contact email below for more info. Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Narlie Dapilos (email below), Project Coordinator of the Communities Building Youth Futures project in Yellowknife.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 766-HOPE (4673)