Canada - Northwest Territories, Yellowknife
AECOM is seeking a Civil Engineer EIT to be based in Yellowknife, NT.
This position is expected to begin in May 2021.
At AECOM , we believe infrastructure creates an opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development megaproject, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune ’s World’s Most Admired Companies – 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 “Top 500 Design Firms” and #1 2019 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With more than 3,200 Water professionals in all major markets throughout the United States and Canada, AECOM’s Water business line leverages nearly a century of local, national and international project experience to provide today’s municipalities, industries and governments with cost-effective solutions to their Water challenges. We deliver our services—from environmental planning studies to detailed design, construction management, and operations and maintenance—to a wide range of public and private sector clients. Our public sector work encompasses everything from small rural communities, to large urban centers, to agencies with regional responsibilities. Our private sector work includes assignments for multiple commercial/industrial sectors, including oil and gas, chemicals, power, food and beverage, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals. https://aecom.com/markets/water/
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Primarily involved in construction inspection of underground utilities and earthworks.
- Conducts engineering design under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Creates designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Collects and analyzes data under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Uses computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed-upon budget and schedule under supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree Civil Engineering
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, MS Office, SharePoint.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Temporary
Requisition/Vacancy No. 249021BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below: