Do you love numbers? Are you a stickler for accuracy and financial controls? Do you love a challenge and want to be a part of a growing organization?
Det’on Cho Corporation is the economic development arm of the Yellowknives Dene First Nation. We are a growing organization with ownership in over a dozen companies and exciting plans for the coming years.
The Chief Financial Officer will manage the financial affairs of the organization and provide accurate information to the CEO and the Board of Directors including budgeting, financial reporting fiscal policy and procedures.
The successful candidate will lead a team that is responsible for:
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each business unit.
- Oversee the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and project costing.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established company policy and procedures.
- Evaluate accounting personal; facilitate training, career planning as well as departmental hiring and termination.
Det’on Cho offers full support and commitment from our management team as well as a rewarding and exciting work environment.
If you are a self-motivated achiever with a desire to join a locally owned, growing and vibrant Corporation, a career with Det’on Cho Corporation may be just what you’ve been searching for.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
As a First Nation owned for profit business, our first mandate is to deliver returns to our shareholders. Whenever possible, our first preference for hiring shall be afforded to qualified people of First Nation’s ancestry.