Kasteel Construction and Coatings Inc. is a Northern owned and operated company located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Our mission is to provide the best quality construction and coatings services for the best possible value.
Due to our rapidly expanding business, we have openings for the following position:
Kasteel is looking for individuals with strong carpentry skills for both residential and commercial. You are recognized for your attention to detail and the ability to get it right the first time while operating on a strict schedule requiring minimal supervision. We need people who love thinking outside the box and wowing clients with their quality of work. The ideal candidate will be willing to travel, job sites include Yellowknife and surrounding areas as well as various mines sites.
Please note that our roles require the ability to successfully obtain security and medical clearances, therefore candidates must be able to meet drug and alcohol policy requirements as well as meet background screening requirements.
• Maintaining, renovating, repairing and construction in accordance with building codes, blueprints and standards and practices.
• Perform work related to the design, construction and repair of building structures and fixtures.
• Applicant must be able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications, instruct apprentices, determine specifications and calculate requirements, prepare layouts, measure, cut, assemble and join molding, wood materials, drywall and materials, build foundations, fit and install windows, doors, stairs and hardware, build floor beams and subflooring, build walls and install partitions, build and install framing for dropped ceilings, counters, indirect lighting, display cases, etc., install fire doors, drywall and insulation, build decks and fences, build and install platforms, scaffolding, ramps and ladders.
• Interpret client requests and provide mock-ups for client approval prior to commencing work.
• Maintain a safe and organized work environment.
• Ability and confidence to lead projects when required.
• Red Seal certification preferred or equivalent training and experience.
• 3+ years experience in finish carpentry, additional 3+ years experience in rough carpentry preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of hand and power tool operation.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
• Willingness to work overtime when necessary to deliver the project on time.
• Physically fit, capable of climbing on ladders and carrying at least 80 pounds.
• Local applicants only or must be willing to relocate.
Job Safety is #1 - Kasteel is COR certified and therefore we follow a comprehensive safety program to reduce risk and maximize performance. All employees are required to complete orientations to become accustomed with the site safety culture, specific hazards and detailed safety plans. Commitment to safety compliance can only be 100%.
Kasteel believes in treating employees with dignity and respect, we offer a competitive wage plus benefit plan while allowing you to grow with our company. If you are interested in applying, please forward your resume, cover letter (if available) and “salary expectations” to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all applications, yet due to the number of applications, we are only able to follow-up with the best qualified candidates.