Reporting to the Camp Manager at Gahcho Kué Diamond Mine, the Camp Administrator is a full-time position, on a two weeks in and two weeks out rotation.
The Camp Administrator is a key member of the Bouwa Whee Catering team, and is instrumental in providing the client with their first impression of our organization on site.
Please note that the point of pick up to and from the work site is limited to the Northwest Territories. Employees are responsible for all travel and accommodations required to reach their scheduled point of pick up.
The Camp Administrator is responsible for carrying out the administration duties required for the day-to-day operations of Bouwa Whee Catering at Gahcho Kué Diamond Mine.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- overseeing scheduling and ensuring that staffing levels meet the contracted requirements at all times
- maintaining accurate and up to date records (including payroll spreadsheets, inventory, training and safety matrix's etc)
- running the onsite commissary (which includes ordering supplies, maintaining inventory records, and ensuring accurate cash outs)
- coordinating with Payroll, Benefits and Human Resources to ensure a smooth workflow between all departments and the mine site with regard to contracts, benefits enrollment and payroll operations
In addition, the Camp Administrator must be fully conversant with all aspects of the Front Desk area of operations. This position is responsible for checking guests into and out of the mine site. The Camp Administrator also acts as a service representative and performs other duties as required by management and our client at site.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years related experience in the hospitality industry.
- Post-secondary education in the administration or hotel restaurant management field an asset.
- Accuracy, time management and attention to detail are central requirements for all aspects of the position.
- Must have extensive background with computers, have solid data entry abilities and a clear knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office software, including (but not limited to): Excel, Word, Outlook and Acrobat.
- Must be able to complete and manage internal payroll systems.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are a must.
- Must be organized and a team player.
- Experience with flight manifests and procedures an asset.
Full Time Employees are eligible for Medical Benefits and RPP Matching!
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted for an interview.
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions. Because we are the North – 100 percent aboriginal owned and headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – we know what northerners want and how to deliver it. That’s why we’re the contractor of choice at Diavik, Gahcho Kué and Snap Lake, three of Canada’s premier mines.
For a list of all available Bouwa Whee Catering positions please click on the attached link: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/