About Javaroma: Javaroma is an independent coffee business in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada. Our Gourmet Coffee which is freshly roasted by our master roaster will tantalize your taste buds. Our Chefs prepare our foods fresh daily and upon order, and, don't forget our Teas which are the world's finest. Await our online shop which will enable you to order your Coffee, Tea and Meal (or any of our products) online before visiting us to 'avoid the wait’.
Scope: This job relates primarily to the supervision of the Javaroma Café. However, the post holder will be expected to contribute flexibly to the successful management of the retail business as café duties permit, being available to understudy the Shop Manager as necessary to meet the current opening hours of the Shop.
PURPOSE OF JOB: To supervise the Café and optimize profit, whilst remaining consistent with its green ethos and community focus. To collaborate with the Shop Manager, providing administrative and general support, outside busy periods and perform certain management duties in her absence.
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week. The Job Holder will be expected to work flexibly within the opening hours of the shop, including weekends, week nights and bank holidays.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR THE CAFÉ ADMINISTRATION
· To develop and manage relationships with customers, staff, and suppliers.
· To train and supervise café staff.
· To manage all aspects of the daily running of the Café including some food preparation, restocking and delivery of goods to the café with the Shop Manager, ensuring its smooth running and proper administration.
· Provide reports on request and communicates with the accountant as necessary, including contributing to the preparation of the annual tax return for the Café and maintenance of the appropriate records, reports, and annual returns.
· Prepare information for the payroll to pass to the Payroll administrator.
· To contribute to the successful implementation of new cafe developments.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR THE SHOP ADMINISTRATION
· To be responsible to the Shop Manager for specified administrative functions in connection with stock management, ordering and receiving product deliveries.
· To learn all aspects of the EPOS till and be able to fill the Manager’s role during shop Manager’s absence.
· Assist in the ordering and stock management processes to maintain EPOS stock levels and to help with periodic stock take.
· Contribute to the efficient running the office including filing and management of the SAGE files as required by the Accountant.
· Deal with telephone/ email queries promptly and concisely, answering customer queries in a courteous and timely fashion.
· To acquaint himself/herself with current regulations relating to Health and Safety at Work, Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations, Fire Fighting equipment and precautions,
· The Management Committee reserves the right to change or update the Job Description from time to time in agreement with the Post Holder.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Proven management and organizational skills - with thoroughness and attention to detail.
· Proven leadership and ability to work on own initiative without supervision.
· Proven cooking skills and knowledge of food
· Food Hygiene or Food Handling Certificate is required (Assistance in achieving this will be made available).
· Proven interpersonal skills - able to develop good work relationships, enjoy meeting and working with people at all levels and from diverse walks of life.
· Computer literate with word processing, database, spreadsheet and Internet research
· A working knowledge of budgets and budgetary control.
· Energy and persistence to see tasks through to successful completion and able to work additional hours when necessary.
· A working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements.
· A pleasant personality with a sense of humor and the ability to establish a rapport with a wide cross section of society.
· All employees have a duty under the relevant Health and Safety at Work Laws to ensure that their working environment is kept free of hazards that may prove injurious to themselves, their colleagues and all those engaged in Cafe’s business, as well as any visitors.
· The Post Holder will maintain appropriate customer confidentiality information and will be expected to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act
Salary: 15$ start
How to apply: email@example.com