Welcome to the NWT Brewing Company - Nestled between the wonder of the aurora borealis and the rugged nature of the northern frontier, our little brewing outpost is one of a kind. Located in the spirited town of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories we are the northernmost brewpub in Canada.
As Brewer Brewer at the NWT Brewing Company, you are responsible for supporting the Head Brewer with all production tasks including, but not limited to: brewing, cellaring, packaging, cleaning, QA/QC, and routine maintenance.
You are responsible for coordinating with the Head Brewer who will direct your weekly tasks based on the Production Schedule, which is subject to changes and fluctuations and requires you to be flexible. An ideal applicant would be a hardworking, dedicated, and self-motivated individual with the ability to synthesize information and thoughtfully troubleshoot problems. They would be detail oriented and be focused on product quality throughout the brewing process and display a positive attitude and be a role model for the brewery and the industry as a whole.
We offer a casual work environment, vacation, health benefits (coming 2022), company discounts on merchandise, NWT Brewing beer and food, as well as team building, social events, and an entrepreneurial and growing environment.
**Airfare to Yellowknife from any major city in Canada with a 1 year signed agreement**
**Student Loan subsidy of $2000 is available for new residents to the NWT through the department of Education, Culture, and Employment**
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Live and learn the culture, history, policies, and vision of NWT Brewing Company.
- Assist in the brew day in all tasks from milling to transferring finished wort to the fermenter.
- Perform standard cellaring tasks including cleaning tanks and kegs, quality assurance and transferring product between tanks.
- Packaging beer in Cans, growlers and kegs.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and clutter-free brewery including brewhouse, tank interiors and exteriors, surrounding areas, pipes and cellar (cleaning, scrubbing, and more cleaning) .
- Ensure that all parts and equipment are clean and housed in the appropriate location when not in use.
- Work with Head Brewer and identify any issues or possible improvements as they arise including developing/refining SOPs (Standard Operational Practices)
- Complete all necessary data logging and paperwork properly and on time including brew logs, packaging logs and inventory.
- Regularly review product quality.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations.
- Assist with sales tasks including pulling and occasionally delivering sales orders.
- Be willing to learn as well as teach and train others in brewing/cellar/packaging.
- Represent NWT Brewing Company at festivals and outside of work while promoting good community relations.
- Be able to safely lift up to 25kg
- At least one year experience in a professional brewery or completed a program related to brewing
- Dedication to continued improvement, growth, and learning is extremely important.
- Forklift experience is an asset
- Any unrelated brewing or warehouse experience is an asset
- This is an hourly paid role at $23-26/hour, full-time.
- As mentioned previously, we offer a casual work environment, vacation, health benefits (coming 2022), company discounts on merchandise, NWT Brewing beer and food, as well as team building, social events, and an entrepreneurial and growing environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 25-40 per week
Salary: $23.00-$26.00 per hour
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Health Benefits (Coming 2022)
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Brewing or Home Brewing: 1 year (required)
Please send resume with a cover letter at : firstname.lastname@example.org