We are fishing for professional, high-energy bartenders (2 positions available) with excellent communication skills to serve refreshing cocktails and a variety of local and classic beverages to our guests in our summer beer garden.
The bartenders will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items (including food), and prepare and serve beverages. You will also upsell items, create recipes, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties.
To succeed as a bartender, you should have a neat appearance and engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable. Above all, we want you to be friendly and approachable for our guests!
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Informing customers about new beverages and specials.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to guests.
- Checking identification to ensure guests are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Taking inventory to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Adhering to all food and alcohol safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Reporting to head bartender and executive manager (inventory, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Previous experience in similar role - required
- Meets territory minimum age to serve alcohol (19).
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc for extended periods, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- save serve certificate required
Work : Part time and full time positions available, seasonal (June to September)
Hours : 15 / 40 Hours a week (part time / full time)
Place of work: Yellowknife, NT
Hourly wage: To be determine
Starting date: June 1st
How to apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.