Job Description: Bar Supervisor
Responsible to: Dana Fergusson
Job Function: The main purpose of this job is to ensure the customer receives the highest quality of services. To assist the operational running of the bar and ensure that staff are fulfilling their duties to the best of their ability :
• To provide excellent customer service,
• To maintain high standards of hygiene, health and safety.
• Ensure high standards and efficiency of work
• Maintain strict stock and financial control.
1. Supervise the smooth running of the bar
2. Ensure all venues open on time and that they are ready for business.
3. Ensure excellent front of house service, allocate and support staff throughout the shift to maintain speed of service and cleanliness of venue.
4. Keep staff busy and productive at all times. Ensure staff meet the standards of the bars, addressing and correcting bad practice where need be.
5. Complete daily paperwork to ensure the safe running of the venue, and for those standards to be monitored and maintained throughout the shift.
6. Pre-empt and actively responding to problems that arise and keeping management up to date.
7. Ensure all venues close on time, end of day jobs completed to a high standard, staff are signed off promptly, all back and front of house areas checked and secured and that venues are in excellent order for the next day’s service.
8. To clean and maintain all equipment and notify management of any issues.
9. Assist in cash handling procedures as required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES :
• Cost Control, ensure that all necessary tasks are performed in order to maintain
minimize costs and maximize revenue through sales.
• Equipment, all machines and equipment must be kept in good repair. Regular
inspections on the conditions of equipment must be carried out, and a log maintained. Follow up on action required, outstanding repair list to be checked on a regular basis.
• Public Health & Hygiene, ensure that all employees in the bar work according to NWT standards.
• Staff Training, ensure that all new staff in the bar receive proper training until they are fully aware of company standards. Existing staff should be assessed and re-trained if necessary on a regular basis.
COMMUNICATION Departmental :
• Communication, ensure that Bartenders, Servers, doormen and Bar backs receive all information they need to perform their duties in a proper manner, including updated special functions, VIP’s and persons not allowed to enter.
• Interdepartmental Communication, streamlining any information from the bar to the Hotel General Manager. Ensure that the team are fully aware of all operational instructions. Ensure that communication between Bar Department and other Bar departments are always maintained. Ensure that Bar department notice board is neat and updated at all times.
CUSTOMER SERVICE :
• Public Relations, all complaints concerning beverage service must be followed up personally by the Bar Manager. This means contacting the customer, interviewing him/her and take the necessary action to satisfy the customer and reporting incident to the Hotel General Manager.
• Service Operations, ensure that service in the bar is carried out according to standards set out in the Hotel Management Manuals and the Dirty O’fergies Binder. Customers should be contacted often in the bar to receive any comments and/or complaints. This can be done through a casual conversation with clients.
• Leadership Lead, subordinates successfully into productive working methods by setting an example and utilizing all available management tools.
• Communication, provide a two-way line of communication for staff. Dealing with day to day problems, including personal problems. Hold bar meetings on a regular basis. Deal with proposals and suggestions from bar staff, report to Hotel General Manager.
• Organization, provide station plans, side job lists, etc. well in advance, keep all records as required per Hotel Management Manuals
• Disciplinary Procedure, ensure that correct disciplinary procedures are adhered to. Follow up on disciplinary reports.
• Maintaining Standards, it is expected that the Bar Supervisor is fully aware of the company standards as outlined in the Hotel Manuals. The Bar Manager is expected to know the job description of each bar employee. Ensure, that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions and time schedules.
• Innovating Standards, check on existing standards by asking crewmembers and
customers of their opinion and suggest modifications to the Hotel General Manager where appropriate.
To apply, please send your resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org